SPECIAL BAS / GST PREPARATION PROCEDURES WORKSHOP
We are also running a QA “QuickBooks / Reckon Accounts” BAS Workshop for clients earlier in the day which you are more than welcome to attend. The workshop is at the same venue between 3pm – 4.30pm (with Registration – Tea & Coffee between 2.30pm -3pm).
The Workshop will focus on how to ensure that you are fully reconciling your BAS in QuickBooks (now known as Reckon Accounts) prior to lodging with the ATO. This session is the most comprehensive event that we have ever produced regarding the BAS and QuickBooks, it is vital that every QuickBooks (Reckon Accounts) user responsible for the BAS attends (including your Bookkeeper and even your Accountant).
The workshops will be conducted by our fully accredited QuickBooks / Reckon Accounts consultants. The presenters have in excess of 30 years combined experience as QuickBooks Accredited Consultants and have worked with thousands of businesses in setting up, training and ongoing support of their QuickBooks program therefore ensuring that the course content is both practical and of the highest possible standard available in the country.
THE BAS WORKSHOP / SEMINAR WILL COVER:
- How to check that you have the correct QuickBooks Preferences setup for GST/BAS tracking in QuickBooks
- How to perform the 3 Way reconciliation of your GST Reports to your General Ledger and to your BAS Form prior to lodging for the period
- How to record GST on specific transactions such as entertainment costs and Asset Finance (e.g. Leases, Hire Purchases & Chattel Mortgages) within QuickBooks
- How to Reconcile / Proof the Tax Payable (GST Account) on your Balance Sheet
- Reviewing your Payroll Item setup for correct BAS reporting
- Reporting Payroll items at W1 and W2 on the BAS (The new Way in QuickBooks since 2009/10)
- How to Correctly Process your BAS & IAS Liability Payments (or BAS Refunds)
- The Most Common GST Mistakes and BAS Errors reported by the ATO
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, such as;
- "If I create a Balance Sheet dated the end of my last GST period, how can I explain the amount shown in my Tax Payable account?"
- "How Do I know I have ALL of the reports I need for prior GST periods in case I have a GST audit, and are they fully reconciled?"
- "What are the various treatments of GST on transactions such as Leases, Hire Purchases & Chattel Mortgages if on a Cash or Accruals reporting method for GST?"
- "What is the BAS Journal and How do I process It?"
- Plus Much, Much More………
Registration for the Workshop will also entitle you to bring an additional person to the session for no extra charge, this person could be another staff member, your bookkeeper or even your accountant - it is up to you. PLUS – as a part of your registration you will also be entitled to a complimentary 1/2hr QuickBooks / BAS consultation (valued at $93.50) with one of our QuickBooks consultants (*).
THE QA GUARANTEE:
We truly believe that this will be the best QuickBooks BAS training / workshops that you have ever attended. That if not, simply let us know on the day and we will refund your registration fee - In FULL.
(*) Please Note - Workshop registration entitles you to one complimentary 47 Page BAS Procedures Manual & Checklists (Valued at $129) per business, however should you require additional manuals then these will be available for purchase at the event. (*) The Complimentary BAS Phone Consultation offer with one of our Reckon Accounts (QuickBooks) experts must be undertaken in one session prior to 1st of June 2013 and is not transferrable or redeemable for any other services or products. Only one consultation is available per business registration for the workshop.